Recent comments

2 days ago

Nefere

I added Jigoku version as arrangement.

4 days ago

riipah

I think it doesn't really matter. Maybe it would be ok to add the "simultaneous release" tag, if they were released at the same game.

6 days ago

Nefere

Okay, it would be difficult to find out which version was "original" so I think it would be reasonable to let know which version "appears" in the game earlier.

In this gameplay (with English patch) a Makai route was listed first after defeating 1st boss. Because of that, I'm for Makai version to be set as original.

There's also some references from text files attached to the game (translations are on Touhou Wiki), but there's no specific order when both places/routes are mentioned:
* in manual backstory section, Hell (Jigoku) was first mentioned,
* in the same manual, in hints section, Makai route walkthrough was first described.

9 days ago

riipah

I think so.

23 days ago

Nefere

There is a slight difference in pitch between the Makai and Jigoku versions of this song.

If it's a case, shouldn't the song have two entries?

3 days ago

German Alstroemeria Records

thumb

COLORFUL PATH

Frozen Starfall feat. Sasi, Seyari
17 days ago

riipah

That's how it's on VocaDB too.

24 days ago

Kra

Okay that makes sense to me. I'm gonna note this down in the description.

24 days ago

Nefere

I forgot that I added the tag.

Some illustrators I added (like Jon Suwako) create hentai mangas and a tag like this would be good to warn minors against checking artist's galleries or shops. I think NSFW tag would be used for any +18 content, like explicit lyrics, sounds (moans?) or external links.

24 days ago

Kra

Isn't this the same as explicit artowrk?

21 days ago

Kra

More or less the song that got me into Touhou

thumb

いと儚き燿の如く

_yoc. feat. 秣本 瑳羅
24 days ago

Kra

Well, this is going to take some time to listen to

thumb

Beyond Boundaries

Moonie, Moon Tone
24 days ago

Nefere

I found JEFF's blog (link) and he mentions a "charge of uniform" circle in one of posts. He wrote about a new circle and how it was preparing a debut CD (my Japanese is poor). In the next post though, he posted a activity list on M3 day, and even posted YouTube uploads (and thanked for upload). I think he's a same person as イロリ, but I'm not 100% sure.

I also found JEFF's U.N.O.¥!!!!, I wonder if it's the same song as イロリ's U N O \ !!!.

51 days ago

Nefere

Hi @Andromis, thanks for joining TouhouDB and adding albums. I see you keep them unfinished, so here're some tips how to make them completed:
* I see not all artists are added to albums, or they are added as custom artists (without link to TouhouDB entry). You can add artists by yourself.
* Song entries should be finished before finishing the album. They don't have to contain reprints or duration, but the most important fields to fill are titles, artists, song type (original/arrangement) and original song. Almost all ZUN's songs are added here, so it shouldn't be a problem, and it would be easier for you to add artists to songs by editing album entry and adding artists to the database before creating new album entry.
* You can add more information about albums, like crossfades (XFD, in media tab), official shop links or references. Touhou Wiki is a good source for well-known circles and albums, and VGMdb also tracks artists.
* If you can't finish album entries now, there's a possibility to add one of tags from “editor notes” section to the entry.

If there's anything unclear or you have some doubts about editing, you can ask me or anyone else actively working on TouhouDB. There's TouhouDB guidelines page and VocaDB guidelines (made for older but similar platform) for anything not covered in first link.

thumb

Elysion II :TOHO Geek

Coro, TINY PLANETS, 魂音泉 feat. ytr
2 months ago

Nefere

I made this circle entry since its stand was located among other touhou music circles on Comiket 94, but I found it released only 1 album and 1 demo. There's no much info about circle's discography in the web and I'm not sure if info below are enough to create album entries:
* album "Apocalypse" was released at C85. It contains 2 tracks. Alice was there with Nagisa. source: Alice's tweet
* There's a front cover artwork for the C85 album on pixiv
* The same illustrator made artwork for C84 demo (posted on pixiv) and Alice/Nagisa icons (website)

EDIT: Nevermind, I added album entries. Maybe someone with cds would finish them.

2 months ago

Interessant...

Wanna Steal the Ice Fairy's Pantsu

Frozen Starfall, Babbe Music feat. kuroTenshi

BuckS17

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'll leave it as it is.

Nefere

It sounds like a description of the one-time trio, not a properly group name. Maybe an inside-joke. I wouldn't make a group entry with them.

BuckS17

Amu, Myako, and Sui are credited on the bandcamp page as "3 singing lolis". I'm not sure whether to make a circle or something for them because as far as i know, they never use this designation anywhere else and there is no other information about it

bamf! bamf! kimochii!

Frozen Starfall, Babbe Music feat. various

To anonymous user (sorry it's in English):

Many Touhou albums (Ten-ichi's too) aren't added yet to TouhouDB. You can create an account on TouhouDB and add albums by yourself.

MissTangle

I figured the multiple originals thing would be difficult, but I thought I'd bring it up since I hadn't seen anyone talk about it. My fault for being new. I'll admit that I didn't think about the inherited lyrics, since that's less of an issue for Touhou than it is for Vocaloid. I'd almost lean towards ignoring inherited lyrics for songs like this, since mashups tend to use lyrics from each song, so they'd have to be edited anyway.

I don't mind not having it right away, though, especially now that I know about the multiple originals tag. That's a good enough way to keep track of these songs for me.

riipah

And is there a way to complete the translation of the website? It's kinda bugging me that there are many incomplete translations. And since Touhou has it's fanbase in Germany, (which actually isn't that small as I found out) and the German Touhou wiki is pretty incomplete and mostly wrong I think it wouln't be bad if the site was complete translatet.

Are you talking about the German translation in specific? The German translation was provided by a German user of VocaDB. They did most of the translation work by themselves, including updating the translation files. I have written instructions on the VocaDB wiki. All TouhouDB-specific parts of the user interface can be translated in the same way.

For Japanese and Chinese translations I'm willing to spend my own time, but for all others I cannot spend my time, so you'd be responsible of organizing it yourself. I can offer advice of course.

riipah

And btw: Maybe the "vocaloid ranking" option for playlists should be removed, since Vocaloid isn't that much representet in Touhou.

Could that be replaced by another rankings category for Touhou? Or is it better to be removed?

riipah

While this topic is alive again, I would like to be able to set vocalists' roles in song and album entries. It makes sense on VocaDB where software isn't capable to do anything more, but there's vocalists who sometimes write lyrics or draw illustrations for their songs/albums. I think vocalist in this case is more important in song making.

That was an omission. It should have been possible already. I fixed that.

riipah

Do you think it could ever be possible to specify multiple original songs for arrangements? I've noticed that a lot of the songs that I've been adding actually incorporate multiple themes, and it seems like it would be a good idea to be able to indicate that.

This has been requested multiple times. There's a work item here. Reason why it hasn't been done is because of the open issues. It's not as simple as it sounds. Most importantly, certain properties such as lyrics are inherited from the original versions. How to choose inherited lyrics when there are multiple originals? There would have to be a separate selection for this, or simply ignore inherited lyrics for songs with multiple originals.

Another reason for why this hasn't been done is because specifying additional originals as external links a decent workaround. This also makes it clear those properties are inherited from only one original versions.

What I'm saying is that it's not impossible to add that, but it will require some planning work and probably won't be implemented any time soon.

Nefere

@MissTangle Good examples for vocalists who makes lyrics are Shihori and 3L. You can check vgmdb links to see on their artist pages how often they take a lyricist role in albums.

I feel like it's going to be off-topic but the question is still related to TouhouDB. I use rules for PV types from VocaDB (listed here). Any video is good to add if it contains the audio identical to an original. I keep to add videos you mentioned last as 'other' - they have actually 'audio reprints', not 'pv' ones since they are often uploaded with easy-to-make videos and images found on pixiv. Hard-subbed reprints of pvs are also an 'other' type.

You are free to create a new topic in discussions if you have more questions - it can be done by any registered user.

Edit: I haven't see Kra's answer... Hope it would help you anyway.

@Kra As for translation help, check this discussion on VocaDB.

MissTangle

@Kra And many thanks to you as well. I figured since they weren't technically reprints that they'd be classified as "other," but since I hadn't really seen any other instances of this, I figured I'd better make sure that it was okay. I think I may be able to find some official videos, but Nico Nico and I have always had problems getting along... I'll see what I can do.

@MissTangle
You maybe saw the different categories for video uploads. If it's just a reprint (like on Bishamontenreturn's channel for example) then it should be categorized as "other". Therefore, no, the videos just have to feature the full song (but it would be nice if you could find and add the official uploads as well, if there are any)

MissTangle

@Nefere Ah, thanks for bringing that tag to my attention! I'll go back through the songs I've added and edit them to include the tag and which songs they incorporate in their descriptions.

I also think it would be a good idea to specify the roles for vocalists. I haven't personally come across any that have done anything but vocals yet, but I know they're out there.

Also, quick question. I'd ask somewhere more fitting, but I honestly have no idea where that would be. What are the rules for adding videos to songs? Do they have to be videos created by the artists (like PVs and, consequentially, reprints on YouTube), or can they just be videos featuring the song in question (like the sorts found on Bishamontenreturn's channel)?

Nefere

@MissTangle I would like to do that too. I made a tag for arrangements you mentioned mostly to see how popular is to mix two or more themes into one piece of music.

MissTangle

riipah

Maybe... there's no special functionality related to instrumentalists, but it's true Touhou circles have many people whose main job is to play an instrument, so maybe it'd be more descriptive.

Kra

What about an instrumentalist artist type?

Kra

I'm talking about this one.

In VocaDB the short and the long versions are seperated. And on UtaiteDB there is a seperate entry for the animation video.

Since the PV is fanmade and only the longer version is on the Lovelight album, I think we should seperate them.

Thoughts?

Nefere

@Kra The album isn't released yet. Shop links actually go to circle shops with one album released.

Kra

I'm kinda confused, the shop links go to the first album. I'm wondering if it's actually just one album. But it has a different catalog number

thumb

どうぶつのうた 弐

かちかち山, ロー

Kra

French Touhou arranges sound always very beautiful to me. It's always interesting to listen to a language you don't understand.

thumb

La Fleur en Cage

Jeet Singh feat. Lyn-A
4 months ago

Nefere

They are unmixed tracks of 5, 7 and 8 tracks which are 150/180 BPM mixed songs. I think they have to be separated songs, And original version path for them should be Eastern Dream... => unmixed => mixed.

4 months ago

Kra

Don't know what to do with 10 - 12. They are all a bit longer but have the same original.

thumb

Amuse Beat Connection

天音, Rolling Contact
5 months ago

BokaAnon

@Nefere whoops didn't saw your comment. My apologies to @riipah too. I won't add ZUN on songs that they didn't participated directly anymore.

5 months ago

riipah

@BokaAnon: to credit the original composer you'd have to add ZUN to almost every single song on this website. It's simply redundant, because you can already see the original version was composed by ZUN by looking at the link for original version. This information could be brought from the original version to derivatives automatically, but we have chosen to hide unnecessary duplicated information such as that. I'm sorry but you can't just edit the database to your own liking. If we choose to show the original composer for derivatives we can do that automatically for all entries.

5 months ago

Nefere

I don't fully agree with your decision, even if songs you added aren't listed in any searches related to ZUN.

I don't have ill intentions - I've already put my and arguments earlier it just doesn't sit right with me.

5 months ago

BokaAnon

@Nefere I tend to organize my music like that so it was a reflex of mine, my bad! I fixed it adding ZUN as support so it still appears for those like me who likes to add the original composer everywhere.
Thank you for your assistance!

5 months ago

Nefere

@BokaAnon No problem. You did well, but it's unnecessary to add ZUN to all songs if he was a composer of originals - the info is already provided their entries. It would make sense if he was involved directly into making the album, but it's not a case.

5 months ago

BokaAnon

@Nefere Thank you so much! I'll add everything once I have free time.

Edit: Could someone edit at least the album name in romaji?

5 months ago

Nefere

@BokaAnon Welcome on TouhouDB! Don't worry, everything what is needed is in the links you provided - the Tumblr link is actually enough to add tracklist and needs minimum Japanese to get a gist what's going on.

From what I see:
* all songs are arrangements,
* each song has the same title as an original which is based on,
* each songs has arranger listed below a title (like taste or みなも),
* there's credits with all people who worked on the album with social links - you can add artists if they don't have proper entries in TouhouDB yet.

You can add album release event as "Reitaisai 15" since it was first convent the album was sold on. And it would be easier for you to edit songs if you add artists to the album first - you can add them to album tracks faster than by editing each song separately.

5 months ago

BokaAnon

My apologies but I can't add the tracklist since I don't know much about the songs, hopefully someone can fulfill that.

5 months ago

Yamaxanadu

New 2hu speedcore <3

SAIGYOJI Is Dead

Tat-2, Dj Dynamax, The Hardcore Tequila Heads
5 months ago

Nefere

@BuckS17 Thanks. I added her as vocalist to the entry and other vocal arrangements made by the producer.

5 months ago

BuckS17

It sounds like Teto to me too.

thumb

ねこはいきている

Aobishi feat. 重音テト
Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons. | Privacy and cookie policy