Recent comments

18 days ago

riipah

A note about the discrepancy should be enough.

2 months ago

Nefere

A-One's event page and discography page have different credits for this track:
* event one credits: Arrange : Yassie | Remix : DJ Command
* discography one credits Arrange:DJ Command

Discography page was created later and IMO it provides more reliable information... I'm not sure if we have to include Yassie or not. Album scans would work as the best source.

thumb

WHO?

DJ Command feat. あき
2 months ago

Nefere

@VOISART_ID It's good that you're providing originals, but the best way is to add them via external links (Edit > Basic info > (scroll down) External links, like in this example)

2 months ago

VOISART_ID

Originals:

Maiden's Capriccio

G Free

5 months ago

Nefere

Could that be replaced by another rankings category for Touhou? Or is it better to be removed?

The original purpose of Vocaloid ranking (where the thing comes from) is to store lists made from fan-made rankings of most poular songs on Nicovideo uploaded each week. I found similar rankings for Touhou videos thanks to reddit wiki. The rankings list songs, MMDs - simply put, all videos related to Touhou - I don't know if all these videos should have entries here.

The rankings you're talking about are partially covered by top rated songs page page and hidden statistics page.

5 months ago

Kra

I've only seen this now, wow

No, I don't think a character ranking would make sense. I don't know the original purpose of this category but maybe there could be an arrangement ranking (which song was arranged the most in a month or something like that.)

Aaaand there is a bug that derivative songs from character theme songs (or generally songs, where a character is added to) don't automatically appear in the character's song list. You have to add them extra. Could this be fixed?

15 months ago

MissTangle

I figured the multiple originals thing would be difficult, but I thought I'd bring it up since I hadn't seen anyone talk about it. My fault for being new. I'll admit that I didn't think about the inherited lyrics, since that's less of an issue for Touhou than it is for Vocaloid. I'd almost lean towards ignoring inherited lyrics for songs like this, since mashups tend to use lyrics from each song, so they'd have to be edited anyway.

I don't mind not having it right away, though, especially now that I know about the multiple originals tag. That's a good enough way to keep track of these songs for me.

15 months ago

riipah

And is there a way to complete the translation of the website? It's kinda bugging me that there are many incomplete translations. And since Touhou has it's fanbase in Germany, (which actually isn't that small as I found out) and the German Touhou wiki is pretty incomplete and mostly wrong I think it wouln't be bad if the site was complete translatet.

Are you talking about the German translation in specific? The German translation was provided by a German user of VocaDB. They did most of the translation work by themselves, including updating the translation files. I have written instructions on the VocaDB wiki. All TouhouDB-specific parts of the user interface can be translated in the same way.

For Japanese and Chinese translations I'm willing to spend my own time, but for all others I cannot spend my time, so you'd be responsible of organizing it yourself. I can offer advice of course.

6 months ago

Nefere

@Kra @RedWhiteLampad I finished the entry. It's one of psytrance styles. Songs listed under the tag have other tags related to psytrance and its subgenres.

6 months ago

Kra

@RedWhiteLampad what exactly do you mean with "hi-tech"?

6 months ago

Nefere

It was discussed many times before like in this topic. There's a work item on Github where the source code is kept. To keep short, it isn't as simple as it sounds because of fields inheriting (subjects, lyrics), searching issues and stuff that could be easily ommited if not carefully planned.

The best we can do is to use multiple originals tag and keep links to 2nd and other original songs in external links section.

6 months ago

SummerSnow

I've been noticing multiple instances among the artists I follow where they combine two or more songs for their own unique arrangements. However, we're only able to add one original song entry, so naturally, I think it'd be best if we could expand that option.

6 months ago

Kra

Okay, that makes sense to me.

6 months ago

Nefere

I listened to two songs just now (this one and Connection), and yes, both of them have the same "feeling" (especially first half of FINALES FUNKELN - a softest part), but uses the different arrangement, instruments and focuses on different parts of the theme. While FINALES FUNKELN changes with each minute and is more dissorted in its sound, a Connection's melody is more delicate and steady. It's hard for me to describe it.

Either way, both songs are based on Marisa's theme (and Connection is mixed with Reimu's theme) so they utilizes the same melodies, but it's hard to say this arrangement is the base for a later one. The safe choice is to put originals indicated by creators unless it's obvious that the song references heavily to another one. The example of it is this song by TUMENECO which is made by adding vocal to and existing arrangement with different title.

By the way, アリア=外道丸 arranged U.N. Owen song more than 50 times - it would need much effort to keep track "inspirations" from other songs without help of the creator.

6 months ago

Kra

Then is it possible, that CONNECTION is an arrangement of this one? Because these parts sound really similar

6 months ago

Personal favorites are MAJOR ALICE, Round Table Minoshima and deadmino4ma

thumb

SAISEN TURN

Various artists
7 months ago

Kra

So far my favorite Album from FS. I, personally, am not such a big fan of electronic music with German vocals but this really got me. Even though the lyrics are pretty easy (and sometimes a bit cheesy, at least for me, a native speaker) the electro sound make it up. All in all a good Touhou album.

thumb

PROMISED DANCEFLOOR

Frozen Starfall, Frozen Starfall feat. various
7 months ago

According to a report:

Wolfie, you are free to edit this entry and any other one in TouhouDB if it means to make them complete and up to date. It only requires creating an account.

Once you create the account, you may consider requesting a verification of your account.

7 months ago

According to a report:

Anyone with registered account can edit artist entries and change their main pictures. After clicking an “edit” (編集) button, the user can upload new, more appropriate image.

The edit button is disabled for unregistered users. To register the account, use this link.

7 months ago

Nefere

緋子望, I am the one who added this entry.

At first sight the entry looks like it's empty, but if you check "collaborations" (参加したアルバム) and "all songs" (曲全て) tab, you'll find works the entry is connected with. They aren't visible on a main page of the entry because the entry has set "support" role in all works listed in TouhouDB.

7 months ago

Nefere

The song is described by its maker as 東方っぽい曲 (Touhou-ish song), so I'm not sure which song type I have to put...

8 months ago

Nefere

Fun fact - a Nicovideo reprint was uploaded on a very first day of the video streaming service (2007-03-06).

8 months ago

riipah

One of the albums that got me into Touhou music. Demetori has very energetic style. It's hard to choose a favorite from this album. All of the first 4 tracks are great. Nuclear Fusion is a great song to begin with.

8 months ago

Nefere

I'm not sure about release date of the album.

• It was planned to release on March 13th at Reitaisai 8, but the event was postponed to May. I guess this date is written on the CD, and that's why Suruga-ya and VGMdb list it.
  • The blog post linked to the entry announces Toranoana sale in April. Not sure if it was pre-order or not.
  • The actual Reitaisai was held on May 8th, 2013 and the circle wrote a thank-you post on their blog.
thumb

東方乙女椿

えもる, 龍神, 侘助 feat. 吉良花鶏
10 months ago

Nefere

@HiganRen you can ask for account verification if you arranged the song.

The entry is okay, but I'm not sure about a state of YouTube upload. It can stay as original PV if it was uploaded with your or Higan Daybreak's permission but a description of the video says it isn't the case. If it's true, the PV type should be "other" - because the audio is the same but not the video.

thumb

Reflections

Ren, Higan Daybreak
10 months ago

Avantasia: Touhou Edition

上海リバーライン

IRON-CHINO feat. AKKY
10 months ago

Kra

Her deeper voice sounds much more pleasant than her squeaky high one. Please more

thumb

I:solation

きりん feat. 夕月椿
11 months ago

Kra

Yeah, that's it, thank you. I'm not good at sounding originals out^^

11 months ago

Nefere

@Kra I think I found the credits - according to this reprint the song was arranged by Tutti Sound.

The reprint was a second result on YouTube after typing "平安のエイリアン オーケストラ" (en. Heian Alien Orchestra) into a search bar.

11 months ago

Kra

The only reference I could find was this site. It offers download links to various songs including Touhou but no information about the song or artists behind it.

12 months ago

Nefere

I added Jigoku version as arrangement.

12 months ago

riipah

I think it doesn't really matter. Maybe it would be ok to add the "simultaneous release" tag, if they were released at the same game.

12 months ago

Nefere

Okay, it would be difficult to find out which version was "original" so I think it would be reasonable to let know which version "appears" in the game earlier.

In this gameplay (with English patch) a Makai route was listed first after defeating 1st boss. Because of that, I'm for Makai version to be set as original.

There's also some references from text files attached to the game (translations are on Touhou Wiki), but there's no specific order when both places/routes are mentioned:
* in manual backstory section, Hell (Jigoku) was first mentioned,
* in the same manual, in hints section, Makai route walkthrough was first described.

12 months ago

riipah

I think so.

13 months ago

Nefere

There is a slight difference in pitch between the Makai and Jigoku versions of this song.

If it's a case, shouldn't the song have two entries?

12 months ago

German Alstroemeria Records

thumb

COLORFUL PATH

FS feat. Sasi, Seyari
13 months ago

riipah

That's how it's on VocaDB too.

13 months ago

Kra

Okay that makes sense to me. I'm gonna note this down in the description.

13 months ago

Nefere

I forgot that I added the tag.

Some illustrators I added (like Jon Suwako) create hentai mangas and a tag like this would be good to warn minors against checking artist's galleries or shops. I think NSFW tag would be used for any +18 content, like explicit lyrics, sounds (moans?) or external links.

13 months ago

Kra

Isn't this the same as explicit artowrk?

13 months ago

Kra

More or less the song that got me into Touhou

thumb

いと儚き燿の如く

_yoc. feat. 秣本 瑳羅
13 months ago

Kra

Well, this is going to take some time to listen to

thumb

Beyond Boundaries

Moonie, Moon Tone
13 months ago

Nefere

I found JEFF's blog (link) and he mentions a "charge of uniform" circle in one of posts. He wrote about a new circle and how it was preparing a debut CD (my Japanese is poor). In the next post though, he posted a activity list on M3 day, and even posted YouTube uploads (and thanked for upload). I think he's a same person as イロリ, but I'm not 100% sure.

I also found JEFF's U.N.O.¥!!!!, I wonder if it's the same song as イロリ's U N O \ !!!.

14 months ago

Nefere

Hi @Andromis, thanks for joining TouhouDB and adding albums. I see you keep them unfinished, so here're some tips how to make them completed:
* I see not all artists are added to albums, or they are added as custom artists (without link to TouhouDB entry). You can add artists by yourself.
* Song entries should be finished before finishing the album. They don't have to contain reprints or duration, but the most important fields to fill are titles, artists, song type (original/arrangement) and original song. Almost all ZUN's songs are added here, so it shouldn't be a problem, and it would be easier for you to add artists to songs by editing album entry and adding artists to the database before creating new album entry.
* You can add more information about albums, like crossfades (XFD, in media tab), official shop links or references. Touhou Wiki is a good source for well-known circles and albums, and VGMdb also tracks artists.
* If you can't finish album entries now, there's a possibility to add one of tags from “editor notes” section to the entry.

If there's anything unclear or you have some doubts about editing, you can ask me or anyone else actively working on TouhouDB. There's TouhouDB guidelines page and VocaDB guidelines (made for older but similar platform) for anything not covered in first link.

thumb

Elysion II :TOHO Geek

Coro, TINY PLANETS, 魂音泉 feat. ytr
14 months ago

Nefere

I made this circle entry since its stand was located among other touhou music circles on Comiket 94, but I found it released only 1 album and 1 demo. There's no much info about circle's discography in the web and I'm not sure if info below are enough to create album entries:
* album "Apocalypse" was released at C85. It contains 2 tracks. Alice was there with Nagisa. source: Alice's tweet
* There's a front cover artwork for the C85 album on pixiv
* The same illustrator made artwork for C84 demo (posted on pixiv) and Alice/Nagisa icons (website)

EDIT: Nevermind, I added album entries. Maybe someone with cds would finish them.

14 months ago

Interessant...

Wanna Steal the Ice Fairy's Pantsu

FS, Babbe Music feat. kuroTenshi
15 months ago

BuckS17

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'll leave it as it is.

15 months ago

Nefere

It sounds like a description of the one-time trio, not a properly group name. Maybe an inside-joke. I wouldn't make a group entry with them.

15 months ago

BuckS17

Amu, Myako, and Sui are credited on the bandcamp page as "3 singing lolis". I'm not sure whether to make a circle or something for them because as far as i know, they never use this designation anywhere else and there is no other information about it

thumb

bamf! bamf! kimochii!

FS, Babbe Music feat. various
15 months ago

To anonymous user (sorry it's in English):

Many Touhou albums (Ten-ichi's too) aren't added yet to TouhouDB. You can create an account on TouhouDB and add albums by yourself.

Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons. | Privacy and cookie policy