Recent comments

38 hours ago

Nefere

I don't fully agree with your decision, even if songs you added aren't listed in any searches related to ZUN.

I don't have ill intentions - I've already put my and arguments earlier it just doesn't sit right with me.

43 hours ago

BokaAnon

@Nefere I tend to organize my music like that so it was a reflex of mine, my bad! I fixed it adding ZUN as support so it still appears for those like me who likes to add the original composer everywhere.
Thank you for your assistance!

2 days ago

Nefere

@BokaAnon No problem. You did well, but it's unnecessary to add ZUN to all songs if he was a composer of originals - the info is already provided their entries. It would make sense if he was involved directly into making the album, but it's not a case.

2 days ago

BokaAnon

@Nefere Thank you so much! I'll add everything once I have free time.

Edit: Could someone edit at least the album name in romaji?

3 days ago

Nefere

@BokaAnon Welcome on TouhouDB! Don't worry, everything what is needed is in the links you provided - the Tumblr link is actually enough to add tracklist and needs minimum Japanese to get a gist what's going on.

From what I see:
* all songs are arrangements,
* each song has the same title as an original which is based on,
* each songs has arranger listed below a title (like taste or みなも),
* there's credits with all people who worked on the album with social links - you can add artists if they don't have proper entries in TouhouDB yet.

You can add album release event as "Reitaisai 15" since it was first convent the album was sold on. And it would be easier for you to edit songs if you add artists to the album first - you can add them to album tracks faster than by editing each song separately.

3 days ago

BokaAnon

My apologies but I can't add the tracklist since I don't know much about the songs, hopefully someone can fulfill that.

5 days ago

Nefere

@BuckS17 Thanks. I added her as vocalist to the entry and other vocal arrangements made by the producer.

5 days ago

BuckS17

It sounds like Teto to me too.

6 days ago

Nefere

Anyone knows what voicebank was used by producer? Just need another pair of ears to be sure, but it sounds like UTAU, most probably Kasane Teto in standard settings.

It's definitely not Miku like it's indicated in Nico tags.

thumb

ねこはいきている

Aobishi feat. 重音テト
10 days ago

scamantus

Can someone check the romanisation on this track? I've found a few errors myself, but it really needs someone knowledgeable to look over it.

thumb

物凄い勢いでけーねが物凄いうた

sumijun, Halozy, 迷走ポタージュ feat. いずみん, ななひら
13 days ago

Nefere

You read correctly, it's the same guy. But for me Carbonic Acid looks like a personal circle of 仁耶 / 炭酸 - with releasing albums as "Carbonic Acid" circle and 炭酸 as an arranger and mixer (he uses 炭酸 nickname only on old Touhou albums), or how Unlucky Morpheus members page mentions "Carbonic Acidの若き代表" (Carbonic Acid's young representative) in 仁耶's profile like it's a group.

14 days ago

Kra

So I found out that Carbonic Acid is actually the translation of 炭酸 and a link to their website (http://tansanca.futene.net/About.html). And if I read everything correctly, the member of this circle is Jinya and since 2011 a member of Unlucky Morpheus (And since 2015 a member of Undead Corporation). Therefore he could be this guy https://touhoudb.com/Ar/384. But my Japanese is pretty average, so could somebody please read over the site again for control?

15 days ago

Unknwn

Done.

15 days ago

Nefere

@Unknwn Thanks for adding the album. Can you add new artists that haven't been added to database yet as well? They are all listed on Bandcamp album with links.

thumb

Fearless Desire

Various artists
20 days ago

Thanks, I'll add those.

20 days ago

Kra

I don't wheter to translate character with 人物 (Character, figurine, person but also someone's character) or 登場人物 which is a specific term for characters in a play or novel (Dramatis Personae). But I think nr. 1 is more accurate.

Vocalist could either be ボーカリスト or 声楽家. But in Katakana it's more common.

(Music) arrangmet would be 編曲

22 days ago

riipah

I will update this post with missing Japanese translations. Please post your suggestions in the comments.

Artist types: Character, Vocalist

Album types: Game (is ゲーム ok?), Fanmade/doujin (is 同人 ok?)

Song types: arrangement

37 days ago

Nefere

I think your idea is better - without troublesome links referencing songs to each other. I thought about adding as the album too, but I wasn't sure if album definition could be stretched to include medleys.

I found two other works (first and second one) made in collaboration by few producers that would count as mendleys. I would add them as album entries as well.

By the way, the thing with adding a PV as crossfade reminds me about another matter - official album rips. IOSYS uploaded few rips of their first Touhou albums on their bilibili account. Both rip and mendley are usually full length works (in contrast of short crossfades) and I think it would be nice to have a PV type for album videos, just like for external links or PVs in songs. Just a thought.

39 days ago

riipah

Your suggestion sounds good. As an alternative, I wonder if it would be okay to add the medley as an album instead of song? You could still add the (medley) PV as album crossfade.

42 days ago

Nefere

I have a problem how to put original version of this song.

Original short version first appeared in a Touhou New Year countdown with 4 other tracks. All of them are provided with titles and original songs, and a whole mendley was posted by the tracks maker (I'm more used to see fan medleys).

How this situation should be treated? The problem is the short version tracks doesn't have their individual uploads. I think a medley should be added in similar way like album (with short version songs as individual entries that wold be linked from and to the medley entry) with exception that the medley will be a song entry.

In this way any re-arrangements could be linked to individual track of the medley and not the medley as a whole.

@riipah what do you think about it?

49 days ago

Nefere

Unfortunately no. There's only Chinese THBWiki, which listed the album but the credits was blindly copied into the wiki. I'll add the entry for unknown producers.

49 days ago

riipah

And the album isn't on any other database/wiki such as Touhou Wiki? Yes, better to create an entry for unknown producers instead of assuming something, if there's no official information.

49 days ago

Nefere

I don't know what to do with this entry. There's no credits for this song except "宇佐見蓮子 meets マエリベリー=ハーン" - both of them are Touhou characters.

Should I leave this entry for now, put all three music producers from an album or create "unknown producer(s)" tag/entry like in VocaDB? I think the last option is the most appropriate.

Elemental Greenwich

Unknown producer(s)
51 days ago

Nefere

I think so - they should be custom tracks since there's no other info about them except that they exist and each of them is 5 seconds long. The latter info isn't significant enough to keep entries for the tracks.

Earlier I didn't mean editors who made and copied errors in the tracklist to other websites but the circle who put the 4 super short tracks on the album. Maybe these tracks were a way to separate regular songs from extra one, who knows.

Edit: I changed these track to custom tracks.

51 days ago

riipah

It's strange, those tracks are on all websites, including Discogs. Maybe they could be "custom tracks" with no entry? I forgot I didn't enable that feature on this site, I just did.

52 days ago

Kra

Shall I remove the empty tracks?

52 days ago

Nefere

I'm not sure neither. I think they're empty tracks added by accident - they aren't listed on album back cover and booklet.

I changed a release event from upcoming Gensou Koumasai to M3 event I just added. Particular M3 events are usually called by number name in English webites (M3-26 or recent M3-40) but in Japan (and China it seems) are referenced to by year and season.

52 days ago

Kra

I really don't know what's up with track 9 ~ 12

thumb

満月の夜に超旋律的重低爆音

社長, 平野幸村, UNDEAD CORPORATION feat. various
53 days ago

Kra

Wow, thank you.
She's also mentioned as a member on Akatsuki records' YouTube channel (like stack bros)
I was just confused about the similar names

53 days ago

Nefere

@Kra I searched a little and it seems like Stack and Stack Bros are two different people (based on 暁Records about page). Looking deeper, Stack states in twitter account description she sings, writes lyrics and makes arrangements, while Stack Bros (twitter) is responsible for arrangements, playing on guitar and mixing of songs which Stack is singing in.

53 days ago

Kra

Stack Bros sounds like a name for a circle where she is in but I'm not sure

55 days ago

Nefere

@Kra Done - I put 旧地獄街道を行く from the end of tracklist to 4th position.

I got stuck on the same issue while editing Colourless Beryl on mobile, but then I changed vocalists of songs I had to replace (all other data was the same).

55 days ago

Kra

This moving feature doesn't work on the phone. Could somebody please drag track 12 to track 4, please?

thumb

Reroute to Survive

majinn, 如日, UI-70
58 days ago

BuckS17

There was a minor issue with the artists field, so I went ahead and fixed it for you.

59 days ago

riipah

@Kra: okay, removed. By the way, the "instrumental" tag is intended only for albums with mostly (or all) instrumental songs, so I wouldn't add it here.

2 months ago

Kra

Artists added, tag can be removed

thumb

魔都幻想物語

IRON-CHINO, IRON ATTACK! feat. various
2 months ago

Nefere

I don't have an example where characters should not be derived from original songs. I'm uncertain about the use of 'no character' case, if
instrumental songs without lyrics or description should count, but I think it would be more 'correct' to leave it as it is.

I see arrangements with a character that come from an original song (like this one) are not listed on the character page. Not sure if it should be changed or not - I just want to point that.

2 months ago

riipah

Characters are now inherited to derivatives (unless derivative overrides those characters). Is there a need to cancel this inheritance somehow?

2 months ago

Nefere

@scamantus I think it would be the best to add Prismriver Sisters as 'other group' (with a new tag for character groups) and three sisters with their own entries as 'members' of the group entry. It would be four entries.

I'm not attached to characters so much to want them to appeared in artist string. It may makes sense for PVs or instrumental songs, where there's no vocalists. It's just my opinion.

2 months ago

scamantus

On the topic of characters, should I include the Prismriver Sisters as one entry or three? They're almost always together.

2 months ago

riipah

I know, but they are "featured", right? If you count that as more than just vocals. For PVs at least it might make sense. Speaking of which, would you add the character to a PV if the PV features that character? Anyway, just thoughts.

2 months ago

Damianne_Violet

Thanks, looks good so far. I don't think they should appear there since they don't have voices.

2 months ago

riipah

I added the artist type for character, which appears as "subject" for songs and albums. I will make it inherit to derived songs later.

Should characters appear in the artist string, like vocalists do? Like "ZUN feat. Reimu Hakurei"?

3 months ago

Damianne_Violet

Yeah that sounds perfect

3 months ago

riipah

Right. It's not much effort adding that artist type and role, I just wanted to be sure it's the best way. We can probably use artist entries then, and the new role would be useful on VocaDB too.

That "songs per month" would totally be possible, even useful, for tags too actually.

Is "subject" a descriptive and generic enough term for the role? Or "featuring"? This would include both appearances and songs thematically related to a character (for example, if there is no PV, but the lyrics are about a particular character).

3 months ago

Nefere

I think artist type is more suitable for characters, as it represents "people" involved in a song. Vocaloid and UTAU are also an artist type, even if they are "used" in the song as a tool than directly making the music piece.

I know you probably mean to use tags like MMD tag on VocaDB with MMD models being its children. Or derivative tag with fanloids. I rarely use them there, and if I use tags, it's these which I see as more "abstract", like music genres, themes, source material or video specification. Tags can be used for anything, though, and characters are not an exception.

Both tags and artists can:
* have external links that lead to character pages,
* be searched for songs with the usage of the tag/artist,
* have a character picture.

But a character as an artist type can:
* use main/support role in songs and albums (as it was pointed above),
* be in the groups (like Three Fairies of Light). Character groups could use "Other group" type with appropriate "fictional/character group" tag (I think it would be a 20 of them at most?),
* have a "songs per month" aka. popularity change chart of the said character (I like to look at them),
* use tags to describe a character (as simillar to hair color tag on VocaDB). I'm not sure for what, I can only think about race tags or clothing descriptions.

In my opinion artist type is more informative than a tag. It should be noted that characters would be used for almost every song in the database (with exception of instrumental album-only songs).

3 months ago

riipah

Role + artist type is easy to implement, if it's enough. Specialized fields are more complicated, and probably unnecessary, although probably more obvious than adding characters on the artists tab. Tags are still an option too, no need for any customizations for that. It depends on whether modeling characters as artist entries provides enough additional value. Is there any other meaningful difference besides the support role that can't be done with tags?

3 months ago

Damianne_Violet

That could work fine. With that idea again, multiple characters could be added that way, so the character whose theme it is would have to be specified in the notes section. In fact, it's probably better that way so that there doesn't have to be a separate field for just one character.

3 months ago

riipah

This sounds like the "subject" role for artists, which I was planning for PVs and artbooks already. Could that role be generalized for this purpose?

3 months ago

Damianne_Violet

^ I like those ideas, very concise.

Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons.