Recent comments

3 days ago

Nefere

@Aemnesias I find Melonbooks compilation albums annoying because their website and XFD credits only circle making an arrangement and not artists. Such info is only in an album booklet and I couldn't find scans of it. I'm not sure if "sources" in the web are legit or guessed out.

Thanks for checking this song, I don't know what happened when I was editing the entry.

3 days ago

Aemnesias

@Nefere , are you sure about Actrock doing this arrangement, and Dr.レイテンシーの眠れなくなる瞳 being the original version? (saw ACTROCK mentionned on the youtube video's description, the original in the description is also シュレディンガーの化猫, not the current one)

I'm asking because in their latest album( オマケベストなのか~その② ), Stack bros arranges this one with another original song( シュレディンガーの化猫 ) according to their BOOTH. THBWiki says Stack bros arranged this song in PARTYBOX02 and that シュレディンガーの化猫 is the original song as well(both in PARTYBOX02 and the new album). English wiki has blank fields for arrangers.

Fairly important, because it determines if two different versions of the songs exists, and if I need to create the new one as a result. The sources mentionned all say シュレディンガーの化猫 is the original so I'm fairly confident the current one is false, however Actrock or Stack bros isn't as clear-cut. I will leave the entry be for the time being.

thumb

悪魔の証明、漠たる黒猫

ACTRock, Stack Bros., 暁Records feat. Stack
5 days ago

Nefere

@Aemnesias Sadly, Soundcloud sets are not supported yet. Here's a workitem on Github.

An official website mentions 3 new tracks appearing on the album (新曲3曲入り), and based on a tracklist there, they are no.4, no.5 and no.11 (the ones with 新曲 - a new track). The rest are indicated by event's name (like 東方名華祭 11 - Meikaisai 11) when they were originally released.

5 days ago

Aemnesias

Soundcloud link must be clicked on(the "Ads / crossfades" label). Previsualization doesn't seem to work for some reason.
Also, the english wiki mentions that one new track was released with this album, but I'm unable to determine which it effectively is (track n°4 or N°11) hence their empty release date.

24 days ago

Nefere

The concert isn't listed on a venue's page, so I guess it's cancelled.

39 days ago

@TFisher93
Since this one seems to be shorter I would leave it as it is and tag it with the short version and remix tag

39 days ago

TFisher93

Would a "DJ mix" of a song count as its arrangement in this site?

Every Color

Tracy feat. 築山さえ
51 days ago

Kra

I wasn't aware that I like electropop/minimal so much

~ . . . ~Awesome Musical Album~!!~

~ (. . . P. S.: There are no ~"Unknown Characters"~, because this is ~the obvious Komachi Onozuka (~ . . . ~小野塚 小町~.)~ on ~the Album~Art~Cover~!.. [ ( :> ])

thumb

パラレリズム・ガンマ

パインツリー, Unlucky Morpheus, UNDEAD CORPORATION feat. 平野幸村

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~ . . . @Kra, ~"OK"-/-"OK'ay"~!..~ ~I~ just guessed about ~a possible "Touhou"~Character~ from ~Album~Art~Cover~.

Kra

I'd say it's Reimu but with yellow hair because of the bow

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~ . . . H-hm~,.. The ~"Unknown Character"~ looks like Reimu Hakurei (~ . . . ~博麗 霊夢~.), but with ~Yellow Hair (~ . . . ~Like Marisa Kirisame (~ . . . ~霧雨 魔理沙~.)~ or ~Rumia (~ . . . ~ルーミア~.)~.)~ or just like-... ~Rin Satsuki (~ . . . ~冴月麟~, ~Unused Character~ from ~"東方紅魔郷 ~ The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil"~.)~.

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~ . . . This is ~a nice Guy~ who gives ~Professional Sound~ in those ~Musical Directions~ at which ~He Works~ and ~Writes Music-/-"Touhou"~Arrangements~!..~

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~ . . . ~Very, very cool~... Just ~freaking A W E S O M E Vocalist-chan~, ~Her Vocal Range inspires Me~!!~ ~She~ also reminds ~Me~ of ~Her Vocal Timbre~ of ~some Ukrainian Singers~!..~

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~ (. . . ~Author's "Interesting Fact"~ about ~this Track~Arrangement (~ . . . Maybe it will be interesting to ~Someone~!..~)..: Despite the fact that ~the Album~ was ~Uploaded~ much later (~ . . . ~Special~ for ~"Redditaisai №4"~Event~.), ~I made this Track~Arrangement~ on ~the day of Publication of the "DEMO" Version of ~"ZUN's" Game (~ . . . ~I mean "東方鬼形獣 ~ Wily Beast and Weakest Creature"~.)~. ~I~ found out ~about the Publication~ of ~the Game~"DEMO"~ at ~03:00-03:30 P. M.~ and ~completed this My Track~Arrangement~ at ~06:00-06:30 P. M.~ on ~the same Day (~ . . . This is already considering ~Working~ with ~My Sound Design~, ~"lel"~.)~.) ~

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~My Favorite "東方"/"Touhou Project"~ × ~"Dark Psychedelic Trance"~Arranger~!.. [ ( : ]

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~ . . . @Kra, ~thank You~!!~ ~"Tags"~ have already been added.

@Gorkhhrebetguyt
Good job! Please make sure to tag bonus tracks with the bonus track tag

Gorkhhrebetguyt

I slightly supplemented the Music/Musical Album and some details in the "Tag(/~s.)"/"Description"/[Etc.], especially since 2 "hidden" Bonus Tracks were not indicated ~"Here"~ (~ . . . ~You~ just can ~Download this Music/Musical Album~ from ~"Violet Delta's" BandCamp~ to make sure of ~My words~!..). Enjoy~!!~ [ ( : ]

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~ . . . H-hm-hm,.. @Kra, ~I~ understand ~You~, ~thank You very much~!.. Perhaps later ~I~ will "rewrite" everything special for ~"External Links"~, but for now ~I~ just left ~the Titles~ of ~all Original Themes~ in ~the "Track Description"~ for such ~"Situations"~ and so that their ~Titles~ would then be convenient to copy and paste just where ~You~ want/need, and when the function of more than ~1 Original Theme~ appears.

~ (. . . ~"Update №1"~..: Huh~, ~I~ already ~"Fixed it~!..~)

@Gorkhhrebetguyt
It's not possible (yet) to add two originals at the same time. If the song has more than one original you have to add the other originals as external links (search the original on TouhouDB and add the page link).

And also use the multiple originals tag to mark songs that have more than one original song.

Gorkhhrebetguyt

~ (. . . And again, ~I~ can't indicate 2 Original "ZUN's" Themes at the same time. Please, help Me with this!..) ~

thumb

Symptoms of Doppelganger's Curse

Erica-Angelina Kanarska-Sabat

Gorkhhrebetguyt

@Kra, @Nefere, I suppose that @RedWhiteLampad could mean "High-Tech" Music, which would resemble "CyberPunk"~Theme/[Etc.], even if the Tempo/B. P. M. of the Music is NOT very high. At least I would have such "associations". but specifically as a Sound Designer, for example (~ . . . So I think that ~"Here"~ the interpretation can be quite different and very situational.). (´。~ ω •。`)〜☆

13 months ago

Nefere

@Kra @RedWhiteLampad I finished the entry. It's one of psytrance styles. Songs listed under the tag have other tags related to psytrance and its subgenres.

13 months ago

Kra

@RedWhiteLampad what exactly do you mean with "hi-tech"?

According to a report:

Thank you for your opinion about English translation. The translation wasn't uploaded here by a translator, but was copied from another website mentioned above the text. If you want to point out errors and thank the translator directly, it would be better if you do it on their website where the translation was originally posted. We update the translation after the original one will change.

4 months ago

Nefere

@Unknwn Thank you for noticing it. Looks like this entry was used by accident when adding A-ONE albums. I'll fix it by creating new entry for the vocalist.

EDIT: fixed. I made an entry for the vocalist, as I said.

4 months ago

Unknwn

There must be mistake here, since Russian rock musician can't be female vocalist on eurobeat album, but I suppose there is no page for this Akane girl at all here. There is no page at vgmdb either.

4 months ago

Nightwish and Avantasia meets Touhou o-o

4 months ago

riipah

Yeah, that sounds like a valid use case. That child tag is fine.

4 months ago

Kra

Yes, I know that's possible. But I thought, since this is a database focusing on Touhou music, we could somehow highlight the OST by giving it an own song type (like we seperate Touhou related circles from other groups)

4 months ago

riipah

Maybe. Those could be children of this tag. Then again, if it's Touhou original, you can already search those by filtering by ZUN as artist, right? Because they're pretty much all ZUN.

4 months ago

Kra

Might not be that important at the moment but would it be better if we distinguish between original Touhou ost songs and other original songs not directly related to the Touhou games? It would be clearer for people who who explicitly search for the Touhou soundtrack.

5 months ago

Kra

Alright, thank you. I was confused, since the Can't Be with you tight remix came out before the original song.

5 months ago

Nefere

@Kra The date fits to 4th instance of Autumn Reitaisai - IMO an uploader forgots to add a number to the event's name. The same issue is with Kouroumu 13.

Btw, it very rare to upload crossfades few years after the first release (unless the previous ones were lost/deleted or a circle uploads most of their works at once).

5 months ago

Kra

The album was released at many events, the ealiest one was 2017/10/15 at 博麗神社秋季例大祭. But the event date says 2014. Mistake maybe?

thumb

東方ボカロEDM3

Spacelectro, SPACELECTRO feat. various
5 months ago

riipah

On VocaDB producer generally means composer or arranger. Of course composer mostly applies to original songs, and Touhou songs are mostly derivatives, so I guess 90% of the time producer is arranger here. But there might also be situations where the actual composer role is used, for example if the song is just mixing Touhou with an original song. I guess they could still be called arranger in that case, though.

5 months ago

Kra

Isn't arranger somehow synonymous with producer here?

6 months ago

Kra

Petition for more chinese vocals in Touhou music!

thumb

遊星航路

Jeet Singh feat. Chia
7 months ago

riipah

A note about the discrepancy should be enough.

9 months ago

Nefere

A-One's event page and discography page have different credits for this track:
* event one credits: Arrange : Yassie | Remix : DJ Command
* discography one credits Arrange:DJ Command

Discography page was created later and IMO it provides more reliable information... I'm not sure if we have to include Yassie or not. Album scans would work as the best source.

thumb

WHO?

DJ Command feat. あき
9 months ago

Nefere

@VOISART_ID It's good that you're providing originals, but the best way is to add them via external links (Edit > Basic info > (scroll down) External links, like in this example)

9 months ago

VOISART_ID

Originals:

Maiden's Capriccio

G Free

12 months ago

Nefere

Could that be replaced by another rankings category for Touhou? Or is it better to be removed?

The original purpose of Vocaloid ranking (where the thing comes from) is to store lists made from fan-made rankings of most poular songs on Nicovideo uploaded each week. I found similar rankings for Touhou videos thanks to reddit wiki. The rankings list songs, MMDs - simply put, all videos related to Touhou - I don't know if all these videos should have entries here.

The rankings you're talking about are partially covered by top rated songs page page and hidden statistics page.

12 months ago

Kra

I've only seen this now, wow

No, I don't think a character ranking would make sense. I don't know the original purpose of this category but maybe there could be an arrangement ranking (which song was arranged the most in a month or something like that.)

Aaaand there is a bug that derivative songs from character theme songs (or generally songs, where a character is added to) don't automatically appear in the character's song list. You have to add them extra. Could this be fixed?

13 months ago

Nefere

It was discussed many times before like in this topic. There's a work item on Github where the source code is kept. To keep short, it isn't as simple as it sounds because of fields inheriting (subjects, lyrics), searching issues and stuff that could be easily ommited if not carefully planned.

The best we can do is to use multiple originals tag and keep links to 2nd and other original songs in external links section.

13 months ago

SummerSnow

I've been noticing multiple instances among the artists I follow where they combine two or more songs for their own unique arrangements. However, we're only able to add one original song entry, so naturally, I think it'd be best if we could expand that option.

13 months ago

Kra

Okay, that makes sense to me.

13 months ago

Nefere

I listened to two songs just now (this one and Connection), and yes, both of them have the same "feeling" (especially first half of FINALES FUNKELN - a softest part), but uses the different arrangement, instruments and focuses on different parts of the theme. While FINALES FUNKELN changes with each minute and is more dissorted in its sound, a Connection's melody is more delicate and steady. It's hard for me to describe it.

Either way, both songs are based on Marisa's theme (and Connection is mixed with Reimu's theme) so they utilizes the same melodies, but it's hard to say this arrangement is the base for a later one. The safe choice is to put originals indicated by creators unless it's obvious that the song references heavily to another one. The example of it is this song by TUMENECO which is made by adding vocal to and existing arrangement with different title.

By the way, アリア=外道丸 arranged U.N. Owen song more than 50 times - it would need much effort to keep track "inspirations" from other songs without help of the creator.

Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons. | Privacy and cookie policy