Recent comments

4 days ago

Nefere

I made this circle entry since its stand was located among other touhou music circles on Comiket 94, but I found it released only 1 album and 1 demo. There's no much info about circle's discography in the web and I'm not sure if info below are enough to create album entries:
* album "Apocalypse" was released at C85. It contains 2 tracks. Alice was there with Nagisa. source: Alice's tweet
* There's a front cover artwork for the C85 album on pixiv
* The same illustrator made artwork for C84 demo (posted on pixiv) and Alice/Nagisa icons (website)

EDIT: Nevermind, I added album entries. Maybe someone with cds would finish them.

11 days ago

Kra

Interessant...

Wanna Steal the Ice Fairy's Pantsu

Frozen Starfall, Babbe Music feat. kuroTenshi
15 days ago

BuckS17

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'll leave it as it is.

15 days ago

Nefere

It sounds like a description of the one-time trio, not a properly group name. Maybe an inside-joke. I wouldn't make a group entry with them.

15 days ago

BuckS17

Amu, Myako, and Sui are credited on the bandcamp page as "3 singing lolis". I'm not sure whether to make a circle or something for them because as far as i know, they never use this designation anywhere else and there is no other information about it

bamf! bamf! kimochii!

Frozen Starfall, Babbe Music feat. various
16 days ago

To anonymous user (sorry it's in English):

Many Touhou albums (Ten-ichi's too) aren't added yet to TouhouDB. You can create an account on TouhouDB and add albums by yourself.

27 days ago

MissTangle

I figured the multiple originals thing would be difficult, but I thought I'd bring it up since I hadn't seen anyone talk about it. My fault for being new. I'll admit that I didn't think about the inherited lyrics, since that's less of an issue for Touhou than it is for Vocaloid. I'd almost lean towards ignoring inherited lyrics for songs like this, since mashups tend to use lyrics from each song, so they'd have to be edited anyway.

I don't mind not having it right away, though, especially now that I know about the multiple originals tag. That's a good enough way to keep track of these songs for me.

27 days ago

riipah

And is there a way to complete the translation of the website? It's kinda bugging me that there are many incomplete translations. And since Touhou has it's fanbase in Germany, (which actually isn't that small as I found out) and the German Touhou wiki is pretty incomplete and mostly wrong I think it wouln't be bad if the site was complete translatet.

Are you talking about the German translation in specific? The German translation was provided by a German user of VocaDB. They did most of the translation work by themselves, including updating the translation files. I have written instructions on the VocaDB wiki. All TouhouDB-specific parts of the user interface can be translated in the same way.

For Japanese and Chinese translations I'm willing to spend my own time, but for all others I cannot spend my time, so you'd be responsible of organizing it yourself. I can offer advice of course.

27 days ago

riipah

And btw: Maybe the "vocaloid ranking" option for playlists should be removed, since Vocaloid isn't that much representet in Touhou.

Could that be replaced by another rankings category for Touhou? Or is it better to be removed?

27 days ago

riipah

While this topic is alive again, I would like to be able to set vocalists' roles in song and album entries. It makes sense on VocaDB where software isn't capable to do anything more, but there's vocalists who sometimes write lyrics or draw illustrations for their songs/albums. I think vocalist in this case is more important in song making.

That was an omission. It should have been possible already. I fixed that.

27 days ago

riipah

Do you think it could ever be possible to specify multiple original songs for arrangements? I've noticed that a lot of the songs that I've been adding actually incorporate multiple themes, and it seems like it would be a good idea to be able to indicate that.

This has been requested multiple times. There's a work item here. Reason why it hasn't been done is because of the open issues. It's not as simple as it sounds. Most importantly, certain properties such as lyrics are inherited from the original versions. How to choose inherited lyrics when there are multiple originals? There would have to be a separate selection for this, or simply ignore inherited lyrics for songs with multiple originals.

Another reason for why this hasn't been done is because specifying additional originals as external links a decent workaround. This also makes it clear those properties are inherited from only one original versions.

What I'm saying is that it's not impossible to add that, but it will require some planning work and probably won't be implemented any time soon.

28 days ago

Nefere

@MissTangle Good examples for vocalists who makes lyrics are Shihori and 3L. You can check vgmdb links to see on their artist pages how often they take a lyricist role in albums.

I feel like it's going to be off-topic but the question is still related to TouhouDB. I use rules for PV types from VocaDB (listed here). Any video is good to add if it contains the audio identical to an original. I keep to add videos you mentioned last as 'other' - they have actually 'audio reprints', not 'pv' ones since they are often uploaded with easy-to-make videos and images found on pixiv. Hard-subbed reprints of pvs are also an 'other' type.

You are free to create a new topic in discussions if you have more questions - it can be done by any registered user.

Edit: I haven't see Kra's answer... Hope it would help you anyway.

@Kra As for translation help, check this discussion on VocaDB.

28 days ago

MissTangle

@Kra And many thanks to you as well. I figured since they weren't technically reprints that they'd be classified as "other," but since I hadn't really seen any other instances of this, I figured I'd better make sure that it was okay. I think I may be able to find some official videos, but Nico Nico and I have always had problems getting along... I'll see what I can do.

28 days ago

Kra

@MissTangle
You maybe saw the different categories for video uploads. If it's just a reprint (like on Bishamontenreturn's channel for example) then it should be categorized as "other". Therefore, no, the videos just have to feature the full song (but it would be nice if you could find and add the official uploads as well, if there are any)

28 days ago

MissTangle

@Nefere Ah, thanks for bringing that tag to my attention! I'll go back through the songs I've added and edit them to include the tag and which songs they incorporate in their descriptions.

I also think it would be a good idea to specify the roles for vocalists. I haven't personally come across any that have done anything but vocals yet, but I know they're out there.

Also, quick question. I'd ask somewhere more fitting, but I honestly have no idea where that would be. What are the rules for adding videos to songs? Do they have to be videos created by the artists (like PVs and, consequentially, reprints on YouTube), or can they just be videos featuring the song in question (like the sorts found on Bishamontenreturn's channel)?

28 days ago

Nefere

@MissTangle I would like to do that too. I made a tag for arrangements you mentioned mostly to see how popular is to mix two or more themes into one piece of music.

28 days ago

MissTangle

28 days ago

riipah

Maybe... there's no special functionality related to instrumentalists, but it's true Touhou circles have many people whose main job is to play an instrument, so maybe it'd be more descriptive.

29 days ago

Kra

What about an instrumentalist artist type?

28 days ago

Kra

I'm talking about this one.

In VocaDB the short and the long versions are seperated. And on UtaiteDB there is a seperate entry for the animation video.

Since the PV is fanmade and only the longer version is on the Lovelight album, I think we should seperate them.

Thoughts?

37 days ago

Nefere

@Kra The album isn't released yet. Shop links actually go to circle shops with one album released.

37 days ago

Kra

I'm kinda confused, the shop links go to the first album. I'm wondering if it's actually just one album. But it has a different catalog number

thumb

どうぶつのうた 弐

かちかち山, ロー
42 days ago

Kra

French Touhou arranges sound always very beautiful to me. It's always interesting to listen to a language you don't speak anyway.

thumb

La Fleur en Cage

Jeet Singh feat. Lyn-A
58 days ago

Nefere

They are unmixed tracks of 5, 7 and 8 tracks which are 150/180 BPM mixed songs. I think they have to be separated songs, And original version path for them should be Eastern Dream... => unmixed => mixed.

58 days ago

Kra

Don't know what to do with 10 - 12. They are all a bit longer but have the same original.

thumb

Amuse Beat Connection

天音, Rolling Contact

BokaAnon

@Nefere whoops didn't saw your comment. My apologies to @riipah too. I won't add ZUN on songs that they didn't participated directly anymore.

riipah

@BokaAnon: to credit the original composer you'd have to add ZUN to almost every single song on this website. It's simply redundant, because you can already see the original version was composed by ZUN by looking at the link for original version. This information could be brought from the original version to derivatives automatically, but we have chosen to hide unnecessary duplicated information such as that. I'm sorry but you can't just edit the database to your own liking. If we choose to show the original composer for derivatives we can do that automatically for all entries.

Nefere

I don't fully agree with your decision, even if songs you added aren't listed in any searches related to ZUN.

I don't have ill intentions - I've already put my and arguments earlier it just doesn't sit right with me.

BokaAnon

@Nefere I tend to organize my music like that so it was a reflex of mine, my bad! I fixed it adding ZUN as support so it still appears for those like me who likes to add the original composer everywhere.
Thank you for your assistance!

Nefere

@BokaAnon No problem. You did well, but it's unnecessary to add ZUN to all songs if he was a composer of originals - the info is already provided their entries. It would make sense if he was involved directly into making the album, but it's not a case.

BokaAnon

@Nefere Thank you so much! I'll add everything once I have free time.

Edit: Could someone edit at least the album name in romaji?

Nefere

@BokaAnon Welcome on TouhouDB! Don't worry, everything what is needed is in the links you provided - the Tumblr link is actually enough to add tracklist and needs minimum Japanese to get a gist what's going on.

From what I see:
* all songs are arrangements,
* each song has the same title as an original which is based on,
* each songs has arranger listed below a title (like taste or みなも),
* there's credits with all people who worked on the album with social links - you can add artists if they don't have proper entries in TouhouDB yet.

You can add album release event as "Reitaisai 15" since it was first convent the album was sold on. And it would be easier for you to edit songs if you add artists to the album first - you can add them to album tracks faster than by editing each song separately.

BokaAnon

My apologies but I can't add the tracklist since I don't know much about the songs, hopefully someone can fulfill that.

Yamaxanadu

New 2hu speedcore <3

SAIGYOJI Is Dead

Tat-2, Dj Dynamax, The Hardcore Tequila Heads

Nefere

@BuckS17 Thanks. I added her as vocalist to the entry and other vocal arrangements made by the producer.

BuckS17

It sounds like Teto to me too.

Nefere

Anyone knows what voicebank was used by producer? Just need another pair of ears to be sure, but it sounds like UTAU, most probably Kasane Teto in standard settings.

It's definitely not Miku like it's indicated in Nico tags.

thumb

ねこはいきている

Aobishi feat. 重音テト

scamantus

Can someone check the romanisation on this track? I've found a few errors myself, but it really needs someone knowledgeable to look over it.

thumb

物凄い勢いでけーねが物凄いうた

sumijun, Halozy, 迷走ポタージュ feat. いずみん, ななひら

Nefere

You read correctly, it's the same guy. But for me Carbonic Acid looks like a personal circle of 仁耶 / 炭酸 - with releasing albums as "Carbonic Acid" circle and 炭酸 as an arranger and mixer (he uses 炭酸 nickname only on old Touhou albums), or how Unlucky Morpheus members page mentions "Carbonic Acidの若き代表" (Carbonic Acid's young representative) in 仁耶's profile like it's a group.

Kra

So I found out that Carbonic Acid is actually the translation of 炭酸 and a link to their website (http://tansanca.futene.net/About.html). And if I read everything correctly, the member of this circle is Jinya and since 2011 a member of Unlucky Morpheus (And since 2015 a member of Undead Corporation). Therefore he could be this guy https://touhoudb.com/Ar/384. But my Japanese is pretty average, so could somebody please read over the site again for control?

Unknwn

Done.

Nefere

@Unknwn Thanks for adding the album. Can you add new artists that haven't been added to database yet as well? They are all listed on Bandcamp album with links.

thumb

Fearless Desire

Various artists

riipah

Thanks, I'll add those.

Kra

I don't wheter to translate character with 人物 (Character, figurine, person but also someone's character) or 登場人物 which is a specific term for characters in a play or novel (Dramatis Personae). But I think nr. 1 is more accurate.

Vocalist could either be ボーカリスト or 声楽家. But in Katakana it's more common.

(Music) arrangmet would be 編曲

riipah

I will update this post with missing Japanese translations. Please post your suggestions in the comments.

Artist types: Character, Vocalist

Album types: Game (is ゲーム ok?), Fanmade/doujin (is 同人 ok?)

Song types: arrangement

4 months ago

Nefere

I think your idea is better - without troublesome links referencing songs to each other. I thought about adding as the album too, but I wasn't sure if album definition could be stretched to include medleys.

I found two other works (first and second one) made in collaboration by few producers that would count as mendleys. I would add them as album entries as well.

By the way, the thing with adding a PV as crossfade reminds me about another matter - official album rips. IOSYS uploaded few rips of their first Touhou albums on their bilibili account. Both rip and mendley are usually full length works (in contrast of short crossfades) and I think it would be nice to have a PV type for album videos, just like for external links or PVs in songs. Just a thought.

4 months ago

riipah

Your suggestion sounds good. As an alternative, I wonder if it would be okay to add the medley as an album instead of song? You could still add the (medley) PV as album crossfade.

4 months ago

Nefere

I have a problem how to put original version of this song.

Original short version first appeared in a Touhou New Year countdown with 4 other tracks. All of them are provided with titles and original songs, and a whole mendley was posted by the tracks maker (I'm more used to see fan medleys).

How this situation should be treated? The problem is the short version tracks doesn't have their individual uploads. I think a medley should be added in similar way like album (with short version songs as individual entries that wold be linked from and to the medley entry) with exception that the medley will be a song entry.

In this way any re-arrangements could be linked to individual track of the medley and not the medley as a whole.

@riipah what do you think about it?

4 months ago

Nefere

Unfortunately no. There's only Chinese THBWiki, which listed the album but the credits was blindly copied into the wiki. I'll add the entry for unknown producers.

4 months ago

riipah

And the album isn't on any other database/wiki such as Touhou Wiki? Yes, better to create an entry for unknown producers instead of assuming something, if there's no official information.

Elemental Greenwich

Unknown producer(s)
Background illustration by みゆ | Other credits and source code | Content licensed under Creative Commons. | Privacy and cookie policy